Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring days

We have really been enjoying all this nice weather.  We've done some planting at home, spread some mulch, moved a tree growing in a flower bed to a sunny new location.  If and when we ever move, I'll sure miss my flowers here, I've put in so much time and care - if I knew we were staying, I'd do a whole lot more...just because I love it!  Here's a picture of lilacs I cut to bring inside, the house smelled so pretty for a few days.  This was taken in our dining room, which is in the front of the house and faces the east.  The morning light is amazing in there, I love how warm and crisp the pictures are in that room...

ps...I think this is my new favorite picture!!

We've really had our hands in the dirt lately!  The girls really love being outside, and I love getting pictures of them outside.  We spent a day out at Mimi and Grandpa's house in Amelia - what a fun afternoon.  Madelyn helped "chop" the dirt with the hoe, spread some seeds with Mimi, and she and Grandpa did some mowing on the tractor and planted some more.  It was a beautfiul day to spend together.  It was just the girls and I - Ben has been at work nonstop with the turnaround going on.
We've had several showings on our house - seems like at least once a week Shelly calls to schedule a showing.  But no offers yet...which isn't too big of deal seeing as we don't HAVE to move, we're just in need of  more space.

The girls and I are staying busy with Ben working...playdates and outtings.  Dinners have been quick...and bedtimes couldn't come early enough!  I am so blessed to have these two wonderfully behaved girls - but some days I look forward to nothing more than 8:00 when I can sit on my butt listening to...QUIET!!!  I'm looking forward to a girls day at a wine festival this weekend here in Chester.  We didn't make it last year, Emily was just 2 weeks old and I certainly wasn't thinking of indulging in all the yummy wines Virginia has to offer...well, OK, yes - I WAS thinking of it!!  But it's suppose to be nice weather and I'm in much need of some girly ADULT time :)

Here are a few pictures from our day of gardening at Mimi and Grandpa's house:

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Beautiful pictures! Miss you guys!