Friday, August 31, 2012

Well, we managed to survive orientation at our new elementary school AND Emily's preschool.  It was great going back to Chester Presbyterian Preschool - I get warm and fuzzy feelings as soon as I walk in the door, just like the day we walked through and toured it when Madelyn was only TWO and baby Emily was in her carrier, only a month old!  The preschool really is like our second family, I missed everyone over the summer.

Emily will have Mrs.Marny & Mrs.Spencer for her second year of preschool, who we adore.  They are both so sweet and so caring - the kids love them.  Emily is excited to have a few of her friends from last year in her class again.  I'll be the room mom again this year for Emily's class, keeps me occupied with things to take care of!  Emily starts school the week after Madelyn, so she and I will have a week to ourselves - all kinds of trouble we can get into!

Madelyn's orientation was great.  Her elementary school welcomed all of us new kindergarten parents with open arms and really made us feel like we'd been there for  years.  Madelyn's teacher is Mrs.Bowman - MELISSA Bowman, her husband's name is BEN !!  They have a son who was born the day after Emily, same year!  How funny is that!  She is pregnant again, due any time now.  We also met Mrs.Green who will be subbing for the weeks that Mrs.Bowman is taking care of her new baby.

The kids were able to get on a school bus and even went to the cafeteria to walk through the lunch line.  BIG changes coming our way - whew -- I think I'm ready, of course I never am really...I'll find a million things I wish I said or did the day she gets on that big bus.  I'm so very proud, but I wonder where the last five years have gone!

I'll have to post some pictures soon...it's been quite a while.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: