Monday, September 8, 2008

Slacking a little!

I haven't done so well "keeping up with the Joneses"!! I thought I'd do better at this blogging thing, but lately have let it slip my mind. Between this and facebook and myspace, whew - I can't keep up!

Anyway...we had a pretty busy weekend. Saturday Hanna blew through with buckets of rain that fell all day. We headed out early to Romp n' Roll for a fun open house celebration. WOW! We could hardly get through the door! They were packed, I guess ALL the other parents were thinking the same thing we were. I think I've mentioned them before...I can't say enough great things about the place! This is Madelyn's FOURTH session, she's really grown up there -- her two favorite instructors, Miss Kali and Miss Maggie, have watched her sit up, scoot, then crawl, then knee walk, now running and talking! We love it!

We floated home in the rain storm and later that evening we had a visit from Grammy, Grandpa and Haylie. They stayed for pizza and Madelyn showed off her "car" skills in her Daddy's firebird - she was generously given these skills by her Grandpa and Daddy! While shifting gears, we're pretty certain she called the shifter a "shit-ball"!




Ellie & Ami

Sunday was a fun day - we went to Ellie's first birthday at Romp n' Roll. Ellie is the daughter of one of my very best friends, Ami. I can't believe she's a year old already, she's a beautiful little princess! A few days before, we practiced singing Happy Birthday with Madelyn -- her version for Ellie went like this: "happy tu-tu, happy tu-tu". Which was perfect because Ellie wore her adorable pink tutu for her first birthday! (Which has inspired me, I think I found my next project!!)


Ellie

Madelyn & Ellie -- Happy Tutu Ellie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sweet! So, you're going to make Madelyn a tutu? Can't wait to see it!