Thursday, October 16, 2008

Home from the Midwest

Well, Madelyn and I are home from Missouri. We went to Maryville to visit my Grandparents and other family there. We flew out with my Mom last week and got back in Tuesday evening. We had a wonderful time but we're happy to be back home with Ben! It was great to see everyone, and for Madelyn to visit her Great Grandparents, to meet her Great Aunt Betty & Uncle Tim, her second cousin Rachel ...and her GREAT GREAT Aunt Katharine.

I think we'll be sticking around home for a while -- no plane rides in our near future! For any parents thinking of flying with their little one or preparing for a trip, have patience! Bring along some new toys they haven't seen before, that worked for us. Madelyn had her own seat, so we brought along her car seat to sit in - I would've lost an eye if she sat on my lap for 2 hours.

We had a nice time visiting with everyone. My cousin Rachel was in town for the weekend from Kansas City, it was great to see her and meet her boyfriend, Lucas. He's a great guy and I think Rachel may have some competition now because Madelyn adored him! Grandma made delicous food, as usual, and I came home with lots of yummy recipes and motivation to start cooking again. Lately it's been quick sandwiches or whatever leftovers there are so I'm excited to start cooking and baking. Grandma made red velvet cake one night, Mom's request for her birthday. After we gave Madelyn a few bites, the cake wasn't the only thing that came out red!! Whoa! What a shock that was!

It was a nice week, we missed Ben though and we were happy to get home to him again. Here are some pictures of our family:


Baby bouncing on Great Grandpa's knee


Yummy red velvet cake


Aunt Betty


Rachel, Madelyn & Lucas




Grandma's garden


Chillin' in the swing


Great Aunt Katharine

No comments: