Monday, October 6, 2008

A SPARK of light...

We had an exciting day Sunday...well I did anyway. Ben & Madelyn were along for the ride, just to see me swoon over my favorite author, Nicholas Sparks. He was at a book signing at Borders in Richmond. I read his latest book, The Lucky One, Friday night - I started around 7 or 7:30 and finished around 1 AM! I couldn't put it down. Each time I read one of Nicks stories, I'm refreshed and the true meaning of our marriage comes back into the picture. Not that we are struggling or anything....just that sometimes we let it fall to the back seat with all the things going on around us, it's easy to do! So we had a pretty neat day meeting Nicholas, he spoke a bit about his family and other books that are coming up. He seems like a really good, down to Earth guy.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at Short Pump mall - it was a beatiful day out. Madelyn is still a little sick, so we headed home for a restful evening before bath and bedtime. Tomorrow Madelyn and I are heading up to Stafford to stay the night with my Mom. Then we fly out Wednesday to Missouri, we're looking forward to that visit.


Here are some pictures of Nicholas:






No comments: