Wednesday, September 16, 2009

End of summer days

The summer has drawn to an end and the school buses are in high gear again. Last week when school started around here, I was a little nervous for all the kids. I remember getting nervous before the first day, trying to pick out what to wear and making sure I woke up on time. I was a little restless that night before school last week, and I wasn't sending anyone off on the school bus!






End of summer means FAIRS!!! We hit the Chesterfield County Fair AND the Amelia County Fair where Ben's parents and sister live. We had a fun time - Madelyn can finally ride the loud, jerky, should I really put my kid on this thing rides! Seriously, I can't help but look at every rod, bolt and gear when the ride is in motion...why is that piece not moving, is that suppose to bounce up and down, why is that red light flashing...Not to mention the operators, surely they are all degreed in engineering, and they must be mechanics so they can fix the ancient ride, and they also know CPR and will bring my child a barf bag when she is sick -- right! The Virginia State Fair is coming up at the end of the month, that will be the best one yet, can't wait for that!
(PS - Kim - lets meet there, Madelyn would LOVE to ride with Jake and Rudy!!)

Chesterfield Fair:







We couldn't leave the fair without an overpriced
loud, flashy toy!



Amelia Fair:









1 comment:

Kimberly said...

It's a date! Just decide on a day. If you guys can do a weekday, we can take Jake out of school early. Can you tell that I hate crowds?!?!?! Of course, there are some good sights to be seen (and by sights I mean men and women dressed in matching budweiser t-shirts) when it's busy. :)