Sunday, July 22, 2012

Home again!

We had a great time at the beach.  The weather was great, the girls loved getting up early and playing on the beach ALLLL day.  We captured sand crabs, built castles, dug forts in the sand, played with friends (little friends AND grown up friends) and enjoyed each day out of our regular routine.

It was nice catching up with friends from home who were there the same time - had a blast with The Harry crew.  The kids had so much fun playing and running in the sand and splashing in the waves.  The grown ups also had a fun night out for dinner and drinks, good time laughing and singing at karoke.  We even got to go play with The Radfords one day at the pool.

It was a really nice time with family and friends.  We had a litte time with Dad and my nephew Seth, and even had Liz and Mary there, too.  It would've been fun if Uncle Sean were there, but since he pretty much lives at the beach in Florida, he didn't make it up.

Now back to our day to day operations, as the Jones Family Household Engineer, I'm ready to get us through the rest of the summer before school quickly sneaks up on us!  Speaking of school...I have our back to school supply lists for Madelyn in kindergarten AND Emily at preschool, have lots to put together for the year ahead for both girls.

Hoping to get some time in this week to myself - organizing my crafty junk and sewing table.  Ready to be creative again, it's been a while.

I'm thankful for the time we had to regroup and refocus.  One of my very favorite things was watching my two little girls giggle and play on the beach, pretend they were mermaids, yelling at the waves because that made (the waves) bigger.  They are so imaginative, so free-spirited and bring me happiness.  I'll hold those memories forever, LOVE fills my heart.

No comments: