Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

Yes, yes, you are seeing it clearly - this is a new post on The Jones Family blog!  I didn't keep up much in 2010, I'll scratch that and start fresh this year...

When I think of the past year - I think about the major events that happened and where we are now, starting another new year.  I think of how, at the time, some those events seemed never-ending and they were (what I thought) some of the worst days ever.  Now looking back - I am thankful that everything fell into place the way it was meant to.  I am thankful that the few months I felt like a single mom, Ben DID in fact come home safely and wasn't far away somewhere faced with danger and fighting.  I am thankful that after all the headache with selling and buying a home, we are happy and living more comfortable than we ever thought in our new home.  I am thankful that our children wake up each morning healthy and excited to find out what the day is going to bring.  I am thankful for our loving, supportive family and awesome friends that we couldn't live without!

New Years Eve we stayed in, a quiet night with the girls.  They were in bed like normal - maybe this next one we'll see if they can stay up late???  Ben and I watched a movie and flipped on the crazy count-down with about 10 minutes to go.  I always get that weird "lump in my throat" feeling, like I have so much I want to say and so little time to say it...and then it's over, the ball is down and everyone kisses - then we went to bed!  HAHA

No real resolutions, just things that are important to think of every day, not just at New Years.  I AM excited to say that I can cross off one of my goals from last year...but continue to "maintain" - my goal of getting back in shape for 2010 resulted in a 32 lb weight loss by the end of the summerl!  WOOHOO!!  I'm really not comfortable having attention on myself, so it's hard for me to share this news, but I feel great - physically, emotionally - all around :)

We're excited for this year, Madelyn turns FOUR, Emily turns TWO!!??  Gonna finally get some real vacation time in, Emily will start preschool in the fall (perhaps!).  I'd like to get my creative juices flowing and start some personal projects - photos, sewing, decorating, baking, a little of everything :)

To all of our family and friends that follow us on our blog...Happy New Year!  May this year bring you all the health and laughs and love that you all deserve!  I promise you'll have more to read this year while you 'keep up with The Joneses' :)

No comments: