Saturday, August 16, 2008

Vacation!!!

Aahhh, our beach vacation has finally arrived! We're heading out early for The Outer Banks, NC. Our annual trip. This will be the first time there that Madelyn will actually play in the sand and go in the ocean. We were there last fall, she wasn't walking then and it was a bit chilly for the water. We'll have plenty of pictures and stories when we return next week.

Its been a lazy week, getting ready for the beach mostly. Although Madelyn did have her first haircut...which she did HERSELF...by accident! Let me explain -- I give her scissors and razors to play with often, I think it helps her hand-eye coordination. No really, I take 5 seconds to try to go to the bathroom (WHAT was I thinking!)...come around the corner and she has reached on the bathroom counter to get her Daddy's razor! I try to stop her but not too quickly so she doesn't cut herself...ugh!! It was a scary moment! She had just slid the razor down the side of her head and cheek. I didn't see any blood so I didn't think anything of it. Later that night I realized she shaved off a small part of her hair, which she doesn't have much of to begin with. It's starting to grow so it's not as noticable now, but still fun story! Maybe she'll grow up to be a stylist??



No comments: