Friday, March 13, 2009

End to a l-o-n-g week!

Whew, the week is over and we can enjoy our weekend together! It's been a crazy week around here, between the back & forth weather and our own happenings - it's just been exhausting!

We had a few days with temps in the 80's, but the past few days have been cold and icky - and it stinks being stuck inside all day. We just felt like laying around in our PJ's all day! Here are a few pictures from our warm weather days:



Up to no good!




Yesterday I was super productive, I've got the nesting going on again! Cleaned the bathrooms, scrubbed the kitchen floor, even scrubbed some of the baseboards! I had a doctors appointment today, Emily isn't any further along than she was last week - shucks! Something I've NEEDED to do but haven't yet -- make LOTS of food to stock in the freezer. So many friends and family brought us TONS of yummy dishes when Madelyn was born. I never realized how helpful it actually was until I went through it myself! Now I understand the tradition of bringing new parents food. If anyone has any yummy, easy, freezable recipes - please share!! Kim...I know you've got some good ones!
We'll probably hang out and have a quiet weekend. Ben woke up sick this morning, and when he's sick - the whole world ends! It's a rare thing around here, tonight Madelyn said to him, "don't be sad Dada, be happy!" Thats her thing lately..."be happy" she tells us! How can our stresses NOT instantly melt away with her looking out for us like that!?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, such cute smiles. Madelyn looks so cute in her pig tails. Aidan's looked just like that....we called her Cindy Lou Who.
I hope you are getting some rest in between baseboard cleaning. You're so crazy. Ben, you better be rubbing that woman's feet every night!!
I'm so excited for you guys. Take care of yourself! Love yous!