Friday, March 6, 2009

Introducing....DOORSTEP!

As part of her birthday present, we let Madelyn pick out her very own pet fish. And she has so proudly named him "Doorstep", or as she pronounces it "Doorstuff". Not Henry, or Fred, or Joe, or Hank...but Doorstep! I couldn't think of a better name if I tried! haha




We have an Elizabeth Mitchell CD that we all LOVE to sing along with. One of Madelyn's favorite songs on it is Three Little Birds - originally sung by Bob Marley. Part of the lyrics go like this:

Dont worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: dont worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be all right!
Rise up this mornin, Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou)




So as you can understand, there is just no better name for a blue betta fish than DOORSTEP! We love this girl, she's a keeper!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I love it! I think you should throw the name Emily out the window and let Madelyn pick her name. Maybe...doormat...or umbrella???
Jacob has recently named a plastic turtle that he got for christmas "Personal Turtle Pants"...Pants because he can wear pants...Turtle because its a turtle...and Peronal because it's just more personal.
He has also named Rudy's dinosaur "Stretchy pants" because dinosaurs are so big and they always rips their pants.
I LOVE kids and their imaginations!!! I only hope I can remember all of these silly things they come up with.
I can't believe you only have 1 month to go!!! I can't wait to meet your new addition!!!