Saturday, March 28, 2009

We haven't had much going on lately, just preparing for Emily's arrival. Ben has been doing his own style of nesting - deciding that he needs to have his car done before she's here. Which is great, but my hormonal self has been a little bitter about it! WHY NOW, when we have a 2 year old who is refusing to sleep and has tantrums....while he's in the garage - I get to spend 2 hours each night trying to get the little devil to bed after battling at least ONE tantrum every day!
AND...the past few weeks have been really stressful, since Madelyn's late night partying with her pants off, Ben frantically finishing his car...and the list goes on - I've been quite emotional. I really wanted to enjoy the last month before "the three of us" became "the four of us" - well, of course I've wanted to enjoy it all along, but mostly as our threesome comes to an end. I get a little sad thinking about all we've done together and just giving all our attention to Madelyn. Don't get me wrong - I am thrilled we're having Emily, and I know we'll love her just the same -- it's just a strange feeling.
I'll have another doctors appointment next Friday the 3rd - Emily is due the 7th...we may give her that week and see what happens. If she doesn't make herself known by then, we'll see about "encouraging" her a little!! :) It's getting quite uncomfortable, and my Fred Flintsone feet just aren't very attractive these days, no matter how nice my pedicure looks! Ugh - I didn't ever have this swelling with Madelyn!! Maybe thats the real reason Ben has been hiding in the garage!!
Here are a few pictures from the past few weeks:

My doggy, Ginger


Workin' my hoe...I mean working WITH my hoe!

This is much better than that boring cup of milk over there

Diaper & bottms on the floor, bare butt for all to see, sound asleep!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh My Gosh!!! I love the picture of the bare naked butt in bed, sound asleep!!! It reminds me of the time I went into Jake's rooom (shortly after getting his big boy bed) and found him naked, only wearing his rain boots, which were covered in poop. AND he had tracked poop all around his room.
Gotta Love 'em!!!!

Kimberly said...

I absolutely understand your feeling like you need to enjoy those last days with "just the three of you." I felt the exact same way. Think of Madeline's night time party-ing as her way of easing you into less sleep (for a while, at least) when Emily arrives.
Can't wait to meet her!!!